Thursday, August 30, 2007

Not Quite Last, But Almost...

The following is an excerpt from the email that I send each week to all the members of the worship team so that they can be preparing musically and spiritually to lead the congregation in worship through song:

Hi Worship Team,


This is a strange email to write, as this Sunday is my last day leading worship for our church. I'll still be involved in planning, and possibly participating in, the weeks following through the 23rd of September, but this is the last Sunday I will lead in the manner I have for the past few years.

As we look forward to sharing communion, praying together, singing, and hearing the preaching of God's word, I look back on how God has grown us, and taught us to become leaders together, and how he has used us to lead his people in times of singing his praises. I believe that we can look back on the past few years, and say without a doubt, that God was truly glorified in the worship singing we have done together.

So let's set our sights to the future, to the coming weeks, months, and years, and expect more great things God will do among his people here in San Gabriel, and for Jessica and I, in Valencia...


It goes on to explain the songs for the morning, etc., but it was just so strange to know that even though I have a few more weeks at San Gabriel, this will basically be the last Sunday I lead worship here.

Still so excited to follow God's leading to Crossroads, just coming to grips with the weird reality that I won't be around here anymore...

Appreciate your prayers...

Paul

No comments: