Monday, December 22, 2008

"Silent Library"

My brother just told me about this Japanese Game show that is set up to appear to take place in a public library.

There are a group of six contestants sitting around a table "pretending" to read books. There is a large flip chart that lists an action that is to be performed on the losing contestant each round. Each contestant takes a card that is face down on the table. They all flip the cards over simultaneously, and the one with the big X and the skull and crossbones on it means that contestant must suffer the event on the chart.

All the while they must try to keep quiet in the library so as not to disturb the other guests.


In other news, I got Rock Band for the PS2, and I must say that while I did look condescendingly on it before, it is amazingly fun and addictive.

1 comment:

Tim Costine said...

i know what you mean about Rock Band, except I'm not a music snob. My brother in-law has it in NH and when we were there in October, I became a drums master. my calf muscle was aching from the bass pedal, as its not used to that action.