Monday, March 30, 2009

Recording: Legacy Christian Academy & Enfield

I feel like there has been no time to blog as of late, and for that I apologize, because its fun for me, even if no one else reads them, to look back over my posts and reminisce and see the cool ways God directs my paths.

Recently, I've been doing a lot of recording for a few very cool projects.  Many of you know I had the immense priviledge and pleasure of helping to lead worship at last year's Resolved Conference in Palm Springs, and the band of which I was a part, called Enfield, is recording a new album for this year's conference. 

I wasn't able to participate in the basic rhythm tracking, which the group did at the legendary Capitol Records, due to scheduling difficulties, but I have been able to lay some lead guitar tracks down on some of the tunes.  The album is being produced by Scott Frankfurt who is one of the coolest people I've ever met, and is fantastic to work with. The majority of the songs on the album were written by my college buddies Ryan Foglesong and David Zimmer, and they're chock full of solid theology and poetic beauty.  The conference is June 12th-15th so the album should be out by then!

The other project I'm working on is for one of the local private schools out here in Valencia: Legacy Christian Academy.  This is the first year that they are a "Christian" school, having been Legacy Private Academy before this.  They've instituted chapels two Fridays a month, and they wanted to record the chapel band to send home to the kids and their families over the summer break.  I'm helping produce the album for them, as well as playing the drums for the songs.  Ryan Foglesong plays bass, and my other college buddy Ryan Patterson plays the electric guitar, so it's a mini reunion of sorts.  

Anyhoo, that's some of the fun stuff I'm able to be a part of lately, and some of the reasons I haven't posted much.  I'll try and get on the ball a little more!

No comments: