Friday, November 27, 2009

Great Cover: Pomplamoose covering MJ's "Beat It"

Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Any of you do the crazy Black Friday thing? We went to the mall in the afternoon after we saw Wes Anderson's new movie, "The Fantastic Mr. Fox," based on the book by Roald Dahl (James and the Giant Peach; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; etc.), and it wasn't all that crazy.

I am determined to do all my Christmas shopping via the internet, and I'll try to do as much of it as I can on "Cyber Monday," the internet's equivalent to Black Friday. Most websites offer free shipping, along with special discounts. No traffic, no scrambling for parking, no long lines and pulsing masses of people. Isn't my Christmas cheer astounding?

Anyhoo, I wanted to post this video from that group Pomplamoose (I posted their cover of Beyonce's "Single Ladies") because it's fascinating to watch, and it's pretty dang catchy. Thanks to my friend Tim Costine for alerting me to this video.


1 comment:

Donny said...

Fascinating indeed, but I think her voice is too pretty for that song. A super-creative arrangement as always, however.

The classic Alvin and the Chipmunks cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r91KMZWgJk