Monday, December 3, 2007

All's Quiet On The Blogging Front

Not a whole lot going on at the moment. By that I mean, that the everyday tasks of life have been pretty consuming the last week or so.

I've subbed a few more times at Village Christian, and I have an interview this Wednesday morning at the Hart school district. If I could get in there, I bet I could sub every day if I wanted to. Pray for that interview, that it would go well, and if God wants me subbing in those schools, that he'd get me in the classroom.

We had our church Christmas party (on the 2nd?? yeah, early is good) this past Sunday night. It was a great night of food and hanging out, listening to Christmas music, and all the stuff. We even did Christmas light tours with a big ol' truck and hay bales in the back. I didn't have my camera with me, but I might be able to get a few to post.

I put up Christmas lights on our little condo. I was pretty proud of myself, considering there was no convenient electrical outlet anywhere. I'll take a picture and put it on here so you can be amazed. The lights were $1.50 at Home Depot, so I got like 5 boxes, but I think I might want to get a few more...

Oh, and I think we're decided on getting a fake Christmas tree.

We think that the pros outweigh the cons in this area, and although there's a unique charm to a real tree, the tying it to the car, dragging it in the house, getting all sap-covered, and the shedding needles are just a pain. If you feel we're making a mistake, leave me a comment, and we can talk about it. The fake trees are just...so easy.

4 comments:

Scott Z said...

Go with the fake one... no shame there... you live in California for crying out loud... the weird thing to do would be to have the real one

Donny said...

perhaps for now, you could do a fake tree. (uh-oh, you guys are becoming 'valencia')

however, when my nieces and nephews are of age, you must make a covenant with me to take them to pick out trees.

(you are also robbing binx and ginny the joys of eating and vomiting the tree)

Paul said...

Scott, thanks for your practical view. Now get married and move back here for crying out loud.

Donny, when your "nieces and nephews are of age" the earth will be so messed up that there might not even be real trees anymore.

The Binx and Ginny argument is valid though, they do strangely enjoy that whole process...

Julia said...

we've got a fake tree and the cats sleep under it like it's real