Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 So Far

Just a quick update on things in our world:

-New Years Eve we went go-kart racing with our young marrieds class, and it was awesome. My body was trapped in one big clench the entire race, and I didn't realize it until afterward when my hands wouldn't unravel from the claw shape needed to grip the wheel.

-I've made one trip to Amoeba thus far to work on my LP collection. In case I haven't bored you to tears with this info before, I have decided to start a vinyl collection. Jess got me a turntable for Christmas and two albums to get me started: Radiohead's "In Rainbows" and The Beatles' "Abbey Road." The deal is that I want to collect only my "favorite" albums (I am free to decide at any moment however, what is or isn't my favorite) Anyhoo, I went down to Amoeba with my friends and perused the rows and rows and rows of vinyl goodness, and came home with U2's "The Joshua Tree," Coldplay's "X&Y," and a couple of Steely Dan records from the dollar box: "Aja" and "The Royal Scam." I also scored a bunch of classical music records from the public library for a buck each. I've also won Led Zepplin's "II" and "IV" albums from ebay auctions, but haven't gotten them in the mail yet...

-I was clipping Maggie's paw nails last night, and accidentally cut the nail too short. Have you ever done this? The animals don't like it, and they actually bleed, so be sure you have some of that special powder on hand to help stop it. I felt really bad. It's weird to feel like you have to "make it up" to a dog somehow...

-Jess has started on novel number two, after deciding that her first work may not get published in the near future, due to the popularity of the genre she chose to write in (think Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series). She's now writing a post-apocalyptic adventure story where a virus has wiped out all the adults on the earth, leaving all the kids to fend for themselves. Think future-world "Lord of the Flies."

-I turn 26 on the 10th of January (which will be here in about 34 minutes as I write this)...crazy.

-A student at my tutoring job gave me a Christmas card that has a picture of Santa farting into a stocking, under which the caption reads: "When he runs out of coal, Santa has to get a little more creative for the bad kids." It's funny.

1 comment:

Polly Meredith said...

Thanks for coming by the office today! You left your sunglasses... let me know how you want to get them back.