Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bits of stuff: January '09

Seems like a lot has been going on...

-The United States swore in its 44th President, its first of African American ethnicity, but it wasn't without a little bit of difficulty...


-Jess and I saw the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which I must say was one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen, and I'm not prone to exaggeration in this regard. If you haven't seen it, I won't give anything away, but its just one of those movies that really looks at the beauty of human life and relationship in the context of our certain mortality; make every moment count.

-I had a belated birthday party this past Saturday at my friend Clemente's house, and it was a bonified blast. Friends from San Gabriel and all over came by and we ate, drank, and played Rock Band together. We topped it off with a special performance by the band I'm playing in with Clemente, called Petty Crux.
(Click HERE to check out our MySpace)

-I just found out about the true story of Roe V. Wade, and I think you should click HERE to read it. Very sobering in light of this Sunday being "Sanctity of Human Life" Sunday.

-I got my second tattoo the other night from my friend Rob's shop. He is a new friend who has started coming to my church, and it works out that he just started working at Santa Clarita tattoo a few weeks ago! In case you are unfamiliar with my tattoo "plan" (I figured I needed a plan since everyone told me "once you get one you'll want more," and I didn't want to make any rash decisions), I want to get each of the Fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23. I want to get each one in a different language to symbolize the need that ALL people of ALL languages have for the gospel. I got my first one in the summer of 2006: the Japanese (Kanji) character for "Love." My second is the Hebrew word for "Joy" ("simcha") written in Hebrew. Maybe I'll post a picture soon...

2 comments:

Fran said...

I just saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button a few days ago! I really enjoyed it.

Two things.

1) Have you seen the funny or die spoof of Obama's oath flub?

2) Have you and Jess seen Slumdog Millionaire yet? (If you haven't, you need to immediately)

Paul said...

1) No, I will look for it right now.

2) No, but we will soon...I've heard tremendous things...