Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Foundation Winter Retreat '09


This past weekend was our Youth Group's second annual winter retreat.  We drove up to Pine Mountain Club (a little bit West of Frazier Park), and rented out two cabins, and generally had a great time.  I drove up Friday night and came back Saturday, as I had to work Sunday morning, but it was a good time to hang out with the students and build relationships with them. Jordan Baker of Grace Brethren Church was the speaker, and he talked to the kids in the morning and evening on Saturday from the life of David.  During the day Saturday, we were able to hang out and play cards, go on hikes, play soccer, or just relax, and I even let a few of the girls take some flat irons to my hair.  It had been some time since I'd last done this, so it was interesting to see how long my hair had gotten.  "Wow, that's a look" was a common response.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the weekend.

Kyle and the boys play "Silent Football"

I'm still not sure how this game works...

Uno "Cutthroat" edition. These guys were intense.


Egyptian Rat-Screw = Anxiety attack.


Student Ministries Director
Stephen Barshaw and his wife Candace

Al in the kitchen with his beloved coffee

Hanging at the girls' cabin

Before

After

Holly grabbing a quick nap after hiking

This is how Natalie plans to smile for her senior pictures

Alicia playing Uno; like I said: Cutthroat

The couch was a popular hangout 



No comments: