Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sad Guitar Story

Last Friday (2-20), I went over to World Music to pick up a few various musical accessories; nothing too exciting.

When I got there, I noticed they had a PRS SE Custom Semi Hollow guitar on the wall that was labeled as a "Consignment Item" meaning they were selling it for someone.  I know that PRS makes some really expensive guitars, so my attention was caught by the $359.00 price tag.  My friend Ryan works at World Music giving lessons, and we surmised (and later verified via the internet) that this guitar would normally go f
or around $600.00 or more.  So I'm thinking "Sweet, what a great deal, I should seriously consider getting this guitar!" I proceeded to play
 it in the store for around 20 minutes and thought it felt like a great guitar.

I asked the guy at the store how long it had been there, and he said a couple of months; that it had only received mild interest thus far.  I figured I'd decide over the weekend, talk with Jess and my dad, and come back Monday if I wanted it.

So I did: talked with my dad who read all the reviews on it, and said it's a lot of guitar for the money.  I talked with Jess who agreed that it was a great deal.  And by Sunday night, I had decided to go for it.  

But the Lord decided differently for me...

I called Monday, and wouldn't you know it, they had just sold it over the weekend.  Perfect.

I was bummed, but I decided that I would take some of the money I was planning on spending on the PRS, and give my little cherry-red Mexican Strat a m
akeover, so I could play it more consistently.  So I found some good parts on ebay, and am getting ready to paint it, so hopefully it should be a fun project, and I'll be excited about the guitar again (I've always liked the little guy, but I didn't always take pristine care of it, and there was lots of rust on stuff, and of course, it was cherry red...).

So here's the guitar I missed out on,
 



















but hopefully I'll end up with one similar to the Strat shown here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for the PRS... I have it and it really something else, compared with any Mex Fenders. Well, actually it's great to have a Fender and a PRS, both :)

Patrick said...

Nice. I need to mod my Jap strat too.