Sunday, October 7, 2007

My First Official Sunday at Crossroads

Today was my first official Sunday as Director of Worship at Crossroads Community Church! It was a great morning, and Jess and I are so excited to finally be a part of the church family. My brother graciously volunteered his Sunday off (from playing drums at SGUC) to come up and play percussion for me so we had a nice acoustic morning (also thanks to David Zimmer for letting us borrow his cajon and shaker).

When I called my wife before she left to come to the service and asked her to "please bring the camera," I guess I didn't imply clearly enough that I would've liked her to take some pictures :) so unfortunately I don't have any!

Last night SGUC held it's annual Battle of the Bands, and it's always a great time of reaching out to the kids within the community that play in bands. Pastor Tim shared a short gospel message, and the rock and roll was abounding as bands competed for a cash prize, and although I left before the winner was announced, I heard through the grapevine that Master's College based "Chasing Cadence" came out the winner. They spent the summer up at Hume Lake as the Jr. High worship band, and they've also had the opportunity to record an album of worship songs, which although I haven't heard all of it yet, I am confident to recommend. You can find more details about the CD and the band here.

This afternoon we celebrated my Mom's birthday with a barbecue at my grandma's that my older brother Oscar put together. We had a good time relaxing with family and eating some delicious kabobs together. Her birthday was Wednesday Oct. 3rd, so if you see her, wish her a happy belated birthday.

We are continuing to slowly move our stuff out to Valencia and our new condo we'll be renting, so maybe in the next few weeks we'll be able to have a little "house-warming" party and have some of you over!

1 comment:

katie said...

So do you want to know something funny I was in Arizona this weekend thats why I wasn't there. I'm glad it went well. I will so be there next sunday!