Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Coldplay Single: Violet Hill


Coldplay released a new single called "Violet Hill" from their upcoming album entitled "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends." Yeah, it's one of those titles with "Or" which makes you wonder, "do I pick which title I prefer? Or is "or" part of one really long title?"

I don't know. Radiohead did it on their album "Hail To The Thief" which was subtitled "The Gloaming." No one refers to that album as "The Gloaming," so I'm sure the new Coldplay will eventually come to be referred to by a) one of the (2) complete titles, or b) the first half of the really long title incorporating the word "or" simply for confusion.

Anyhoo, I like the new single a lot. It was produced by Brian Eno (produced U2's "The Joshua Tree") and anything he touches is usually pretty good. The track has a little bit of a White Stripes feel, but "without the obnoxious" as I like to say.

You can stream the tune for free from Coldplay's website. Enjoy.

***Thanks Kim for catching my typo... the track is called "Violet Hill" not "Velvet Hill"***

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Correction: it's "Violet Hill". Anyway, I loooove the new single. It is a bit of a different sound from the usual Coldplay. And I will likely purchase the CD.