Monday, September 24, 2007

Busy Weekend! My Last Sunday at SGUC

Friday night my dad took me to a jazz club in Studio City called "La Ve Lee" to see some of his favorite musicians, including keyboardist David Garfield, bassist John Pena, drumer Chad Whackerman, and this fantastic guitarist named James Herra. We sat at a table that was 2 feet from the "stage" and we were blown away by almost three hours of unbelievable music.
(See how close we were??!!)


Then the next night (Saturday), Jess and I were chaperons for Village Christian's swing dance! We manned the drink table and poured lots of Shirley Temple's for the 50's themed event!

(this one is when we were on golf cart patrol for kids who were "wandering")


Then Sunday morning was my last offici
al Sunday at SGUC. I sang an offertory song by Tommy Walker called "We Will Remember" that talks about remembering God's faithfulness, and how that gives us "strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow" (to quote the great hymn). Then Pastor Steve brought Jess up, and he led the congregation in prayer for the two of us as we go to our new ministry at Crossroads.

No comments: