Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Glorious Hot Dogs


Remember the day you started to hear about all those mysterious things that were in hot dogs? Like how they'd grind up everything that was left over once the rest of the good beef had been used, and then roll it up in links?

I bet you started to think "hmmm, the taste of the hot dog isn't worth this mystery of what gets ground up in there," and either gave up on them, or at least bumped them way down on your list of approved foods.

Well I'm here to say that the culprit we should have had our eye on this whole time was a chemical compound called nitrate. Nitrates have been ruining the taste of hot dogs for years, and depriving us of a staple of the American culture.

Oscar Mayer has these "new" hot dogs called "Oscar Mayer Naturals," and if it's been awhile since your last good dog, it's time to check these guys out. The "Naturals" have no Nitrates or Nitrites (the evil twin of Nitrates perhaps?), and taste better than any hot dog I've ever had in my life. Period.

I figured since I was doing a little PR for Fisherman's Friend in my last post, I'd take another foray into the food critic arena, and recommend these dogs. Try them, and you'll be hooked. For real. So far I've only found them at Von's, but let me know if you see them anywhere else!

I'm also happy to say that we've found a these glorious nitrate-free dogs in a Trader Joe's version, so you can feel extra good about your investment.

So why not have hot dogs for dinner tonight? Let's stop relegating them to the crappy barbecues, and toddler birthday parties, and get them back to the position of prominence that they deserve!

Remember: Nitrate-Free Is The Key!

2 comments:

Donny said...

hi. my name is paul hoover.
i like to talk about and endorse food products on my blog.

Tim Costine said...

i shall try them.