Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day



Here's a song I wrote for Jess for Valentine's Day. And yes, I did get her other "real" gifts! (I know some of you were thinking "cheap musician...")

:-)

"No Tomorrow"

This life leaves so much left undone
We try to take it all in stride
When it all just unravels
And the world falls apart
You pick me up off the floor

You are more wonderful than all
And I hope you know how beautiful I think you are
When there's nothing left in me
And my strength is all gone
There's just one thing left to do

I'm kissin' you like there's no tomorrow
Kissin' you like there's no time left
Kissin' you like there's nowhere else I'd rather be than here

I love sitting by the fire with you
You are my flame; you're my desire
I can't believe that I'm with you
I can't believe that you're mine
There's just one thing left to do

(Repeat Chorus)

So when our skin gets wrinkled
And all my hair falls out
You'll still be by my side
We'll hold each other tight

And it's not always easy; hard work, for sure, at times
But you're worth it all my dear
'Cause true love is hard to find!

11 comments:

Tim Costine said...

way to go. i got my wife a mug, easter candy, and some pens. seriously. hahahaha, you're such a show off. it wasn't enough to sing a song you wrote at your own wedding, huh? you have to keep rubbing it in.

Shannon said...

oh you hoover men. wooing girls via song.

Paul said...

Oh Tim, next year I'll write a song for you to sing to Leah, a-la Dashboard Confessional.

Paul said...

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon, I'm sure in some language, the word for "wooing" is the same as the word for "singing" they're inseparable, and rarely is any other sort of "wooing" even possible.

Shannon said...

good point man. i replace my other comment with:

oh you hoover men and your impeccable way of """""""wooing"""""""

Tim Costine said...

yes, please something that is slightly out of my vocal range. Just so its scratchy and painful. that's sure to make her swoon.

AmyWhitten said...

OK, not that this comment is truly pertinent to this post, but i thought i'd ask anyway.

I know the song “Shall I attempt to speak” from chapel at TMC and i found your blog because i was looking up the lyrics for it and your friend Tim told me that i could ask you directly.
My question is, would it be ok for me to teach that song to my church? because it probably doesn’t fall under the CCLI licensing… so i was just wondering if it would be ok with you if we sang it with my congregation and also if it was possible to get a chord chart or something. thanks!

~Amy Whitten

Paul said...

Sure amy, I'd love it if you taught "Shall I Attempt To Speak" to your church, and I'd love to send you a chord chart. Where do I send? Do you need a recording?

AmyWhitten said...

You could email it to my Master's email: Whittenae@masters.edu

I def need a chord chart, and a recording would be nice. i also need to make sure that i have your permission to put the words up on the screen and stuff... We have a CCLI license that covers most songs, but it you haven't officially published this one, we need personal permission to remain completely legal and everything.
Thanks!

G said...

Wow, that song was good! I liked it. I applaud you at the fact that you can write song lyrics! I find that amazing! Really!

I am one of those haters of Valentines days but I have to say...it is romantic to write a song for someone you love. (Just had to put that in there.)

*Woot woot for finding random blogs*

Paul said...

Thanks "Little Lost Writer" I also enjoy finding random blogs, and I'll be sure to check yours out as well!