Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hanson and Dunkin Donuts Coffee

If you read my last post, you know that I've been having kind of a sluggish, lethargic week this week, and it's these two very random things that have invigorated me to make it through to the weekend: Hanson, and Dunkin Donuts Coffee.

First let's talk about Hanson. Who doesn't remember "Mmmbop" from the 90's. Even now I bet the chorus is running through your head, and it will continue to do so for the rest of the day; you're welcome.

Anyways, Hanson has a new album out entitled "The Walk," of which I first heard in a weekly Christian music review email. It talked about the significant spiritual content of this album. I was slightly intrigued. Then I stumbled across it on Rhapsody, and thought "maybe this will be funny." I gave it a listen, and from the first track I was very impressed.

Think of The Fray meets Jonny Lang. I don't think I can describe it any more than that. Check out their Myspace to hear some of the tracks from the album. Check out "The Great Divide" for sure.

Now, about Dunkin Donuts. I know it's an East Coast thing, so I want to seek some wise counsel from any of you East Coast-ers on how to properly enjoy this coffee. I picked up a bag from Target (in the same way as the Hanson album, more out of curiosity than anything), and upon brewing my first pot, the smell was absolutely contagious!

I enjoy both black and cream/sugar coffee, so I've had a cup of each so far, but I'm sure with something as cultish as this, there's some super secret way to make it, or mix it, so if any of you have experience in this area, please share!

4 comments:

Coach McGuirk said...

I highly recommend the French vanilla Dunkin Donuts.

Paul said...

I'll try that one next.

Tim Costine said...

even though I hate coffee and have never actually had a Dunkin Donut's coffee, being from the capital of DD and married to an addict, I consider myself somewhat of an expert. Basically, I just repeat that which I've heard.

- the coffee they sell in the stores is not the same as the coffee they make. there was a guy who was an executive with them and he said that they make it different for a reason.

- Also, many of the flavors at the restaraunts are flavor shots. You can combine them, like a caramel and french vanilla, or mocha and coconut.

- Leah likes it with extra cream, one sugar. take that for what its worth.

natasha raven said...

I've been trying to tell people since their last album that Hanson is no longer the "Mmmbop" group of the past, but no one listened to me... thank you Paul for giving them the props they deserve :)

Oh, and Dunkin Donuts Coffee... SO good!