Monday, March 24, 2008

Worship Leading "Moments"

One of my favorite bloggers, Bob Kauflin of Sovereign Grace Ministries, offered a free registration to the Sovereign Grace Worship Conference to the person with the most embarrassing story of something that happened while leading worship.

Here was the winner:
The most embarrassing thing I did as a worship leader took place while I was living in Lima, Peru during college. I was helping at a local church leading music and teaching, learning Spanish at the same time. While standing in front of everyone, I told everyone “Todos pueden sentirse.” Translated it means, “You all may feel yourselves.” I should have changed sentir to sentar [meaning you may all sit down]. The sad part is, that wasn’t the only time I made the mistake.
There were other hilarious entries, including an audio recording of one instance where a drummer hit some button he was not supposed to (perhaps on a sampler of some kind??)

Listen for yourselves


Click HERE for the full post.

No comments: